Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I stupidly took cocaine Saturday eve to Sunday morning. On

I stupidly took cocaine Saturday eve to Sunday morning. On Sunday parts of my hands were turning blue and purple. This has been happening less and less since Sunday. My right hand has felt slightly painful since yesterday and an hour ago I noticed that the vein on the palm of my hand was bulging/swollen. Is this something caused by the colour changing all the time or are my veins damaged and I need treatment? I've never had this happen before. I've also had a red spot appear on a finger today. I just feel like there is something wrong with my hands.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Can you attach some pics for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the area where I can feel the vein. It looks red where the pain is located. The blueness has been coming and going but is getting less and less.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken to 2 other doctors on here. At first I was just worried about the blueness as the first doctor mentioned methemoglobinemia. Then I calmed down after speaking to a second one who reassured me there's no risk of dying - I was that worried. Now the psi has started so am now worried about any damage to veins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the spot that appeared today. It was purple first and now is more red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This shows it better now the colour has changed
that all looks normal to meI think you are having some anxiety about the cocaine use
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have anxiety as I am experiencing symptoms that i have never had before. M hands were changing colour, then there was pain and now some swelling. But if you are saying that it's all normal and not dangerous that's good, thanks
it is all normal. You are fineplease don't forget a positive rating I appreciate it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please advise when my hands should get back to normal? I just want to know, so if say in one week they're not better, would I need to go and see a doctor?Also could my symptoms mean that my heart isn't working properly?
They look really normal now.
I noticed you rated negativeCan I ask why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I felt like you didn't take my symptoms seriously. It was just put down to anxiety but I was told that your hands can't turn blue just because of anxiety. Also if you can tell that I'm anxious it would've been nice to explain a possible cause for my hands turning blue and also what to look out for if it would've been serious. I just felt like your answers were as short as possible and you didn't care about my issue. Maybe that's what this service is meant to be like? Short answers with no extra care/service - in that case I apologise for expecting more
The way the hands looked in the picture was nothing. Totally normalIf they turned blue shortly after cocaine that could be due to vasospasmThat effect is gone thoughyou are now clear from itHowever, your anxiety is making you think your hands look abnormal.They don't. They are normal now
thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)if you have more questions, just reply