Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I'm female 34 I have been taking amitriptyline 75mg as

Customer Question

Hi I'm female 34 I have been taking amitriptyline 75mg for years as like my mum suffer migraines (she had s brain hemorrhage 17years ago) and I do suffer white coat syndrome but last Friday 8th I was walking down the street and all of a sudden my balance went I started swaying to each side in stead of walking straight and I went light headed so I stopped held on to a shop shutter waited for it to go which it did but the rest of that day the next day I was feeling shacky I've been to my GP today a quick test (standing,raising arms ) and said it was nothing neurological my BP was fine but my pulse was fast at 100 she's sending me for a blood test and an ECG in few weeks (waiting for appointments as they referring me to have it done) so I wanted a second opinion please do you think it's something serious and something I should be worried about . My dad had rheumatic fever and died at 53 as he never new he had it so I'm now panicking do you think it's something serious or something I should be worried about please help . TAMMY
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.

any other medical issues?

Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Cardiology Expert
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you please get back to as soon as possible as I have paid twice now and still no answer yet Dr. Phil, MD has answered your question | If you are unable to view this message correctly, click hereJustAnswer
Go to JustAnswer to view your response
Hi,Dr. Phil, MD has responded to your question:
"any other medical issues?"
View Response
Dr. Phil, MD
Medical Doctor
Verified Expert
Please don't reply to this email.Just click the button above, which will:
Take you to your Question Page
Let you have a secure online chat about your question
Also remember, you don’t have to take my response as the final word on your question. Feel free to continue the conversation until you’re satisfied. No extra charge.Warm regards,
Dr. Phil, MD
Order ID:16468578-410
Facebook Twitter Google Plus
Contact Support | My Account | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
This message was delivered to you,***@******.***, a customer of JustAnswer. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact customer service.Copyright 2016 JustAnswer LLC. All rights reserved. JustAnswer is a trademark of JustAnswer LLC. P.O. Box 29045, San Francisco, CA 94129.
. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
apart from amitriptyline 75mg for migraines I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS . Thanks

Thanks for this reply Tammy

sorry I was offline.

this is known as BPPV.

It is an inner ear issue

that is all

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me can I just ask if rheumatic fever hereditary as my father died of it at 53 and his 2 brothers died of it much younger also if it is hereditary is there a test I could ask my GP for many thanks TAMMY

No it is not. It is infectioius

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do you have any idea why I always seem to have a fast heart rate from 80-100 and have to walk slow when I'm out as I my heart gose faster & I get out of breath thanks

that is not fast.

that is normal