Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I am a healthy 32 year old with no medical story. About two

I am a healthy 32 year old with no medical history. About two weeks ago I had some extrasystoles for which I saw my cardiologist. I had an EKG, ECHO and blood tests for CRP and Troponin T among others. All results came back normal. A few days after the results I experienced some tightness and discomfort in the top center of the chest lasting around less than a minute. This only happened once and has not happened again. Could the results change in a week? i am someone who worries about their health but I can't keep going to doctors if they tell me am fine and all is normal I don't want to come across as though I have a psychological issue. Could you please advise?
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the cardiologist said everything is fine, then what could cause this type of sensation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone able to assist with this please?!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone able to assist with this please?
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, i do not think you have a heart pain or angina based on the history and tests you have mentioned. Only test that can make sure you do not have angina is stress tests and simplest is stress ECG. In my opinion this should have been done along with Echocardiogram. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already had a stress test done last year which was fine. My question is can results change in a week? All the tests I have done were normal, they told me that there was no valve leak and no blockage, and that everything was normal I do not get any pain when I exercise or anything like that. My question is what could have caused the tightness and discomfort, you mention it's not related to heart.

Thank you for your reply, stress test has warranty of 3 years which means that if stress tests is normal then risk of you having a heart attack is almost nil. In your case situation cannot change over a week.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** you think could have caused the tightness and discomfort which lasted about a minute?

Thank you for your reply, it can be stomach issue including stomach ulcer or stress/anxiety can also cause such symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in this case, you don't think this was related to the heart as all the tests I had done were normal and the results wouldn't change in a week? What about silent inschemia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you advise on the last question please?

Thank you for your reply, Yes in your case based on your history and tests things will not change in a week, so you are safe. Silent ischemia is silent it does not gives symptoms that is why it is called silent ischemia.