Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Pacemaker fitted August 2015; on holiday few weeks ago, had

Customer Question

Pacemaker fitted August 2015; on holiday few weeks ago, had several palpitation attacks, day after returning, taken into hospital and finally prescribed calcium blockers to speed up heartbeat. Home last Friday but awake for long time last night with palpitations again. Am I going to have to live with this?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for this question

No, you shouldn't.

However, you might need another procedure like an ablation to stop the focus of these heartbeats

So the pacemaker can regulate the heartbeat to an extent but if you are having arrhythmias from other parts of the heart, you might need a doctor to go in there and burn out the focus of the arrhythmias. This is commonly needed with pacemakers

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your answer which has given me better understanding of the procedure. When with a consultant in hospital, it is not always easy to take in what is being said. Your answer has clarified it.

welcome :)