Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had a series of tests done in another country and I'd like

Customer Question

Hello, I had a series of tests done in another country and I'd like to have followup tests done here too in the UK, but NHS only provides for tests if you already have a problem. I want to be sure I don't GET a problem by keeping track of the issues that have not yet gotten out of hand. I'm happy to pay for these tests, but my local GP cannot arrange for me to have the tests done. Can I get these tests done if I go to a private GP? I'd like to retest for the following:
Heavy Metals (I have very high levels of nickel and arsenic in my body)
Low Coenzyme Q10
Liposcreen, testing specific LDLs as I have a B type pattern
MTHFR677
Femoral Bone Density
Chronic Ischaemic Vasulopathy
Carotid Arteries (I have a 16 - 49% diameter reduction)
I live in Cornwall, but I'm happy to travel. Can you suggest anywhere I could go to get a referral to have these tests redone?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Shantal. You could probably close it as it doesn't look as though anybody can help with this one.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Would you like me to help you out with your concerns?

Please let me know.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. ***** just wanted to know how I can get tests redone.
I had a series of tests done in another country and I'd like to have followup tests done here too in the UK, but NHS only provides for tests if you already have a problem. I want to be sure I don't GET a problem by keeping track of the issues that have not yet gotten out of hand.I'm happy to pay for these tests, but my local GP cannot arrange for me to have the tests done. Can I get these tests done if I go to a private GP? I'd like to retest for the following:
Low Coenzyme Q10
MTHFR677
Femoral Bone Density
Chronic Ischaemic Vasulopathy
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

I think that all or most of these tests can be done privately.

I would recommend calling a lab in your area and ask them if they do all these tests that you mentioned and then proceed to your GP and request him to order them for you.

I think that he should be able to do it as far as I am concerned.