Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have been told that I got a high cholesterol level in the

Customer Question

I have been told that I got a high cholesterol level in the past and was told to do some walking exe cerise in which I did every day in the Kensington gardens which s on my doorstep. So, I am 37 and the last result shows that it has gone down and I believe it is due to oil pulling that I have been doing for the last 3 years and that is it good to take 5 walnuts every day to help including twice daily drinking organic apple cider vinegar with water - two tablespoons with 8oz water twice daily. In the morning, I drink lukewarm lemon on empty stomach after 20 minutes of oil pulling. I believe it did help a lot and I do drink a lot of alcohol because I enjoy them. My family got a history of cholesterol issues and my weight is healthy at 92kg as a 6ft 2 in man. I should not be worrying but with my positive mentality and positive attitude about life, I think I am doing the right thing, maybe advise me since this is a useful site!
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil and I'm here to help

Can I ask how much alcohol you drink?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I know about units but everybody is different. It is British method of working it out how many units. I have calculated it and it is excessive than weekly limit of units. It does not affect me though because I am not an alcoholic.
I think that is a major health issue though. Lots of negative effects. Raises blood pressure, blood sugar, weight gain, etc