Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I had a dual pacemaker fitted in July. Information on my ID

I had a dual pacemaker fitted in July. Information on my ID Card shows: Diagnosis Unknown; Indication: Sick Sinus Syndrome' Lead Man RA: Medtronic - Lead Mod No 4574 - Lead S/N BBE644775V. RV: Medtronic - Lead Mod No.4074: Lead S/N BBD202613G. Q. will the first 3 month visit confirm the Diagnosis? Will the outcome of the program Assessment outline the number of times the pacemaker has 'kicked in'? Does the program give the date or time of each 'kick in'? Thank you Johanna
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I had a few blackouts - no pre-warning - just smashed on the floor several times - facial bones smashed twice - 9 teeth & facial bones smashed in last - all from a standing position. A couple of times whilst sitting down to a meal - face fell into dinner no injuries - lots of times whilst eating - a sensation of something happening but no blackout - just a stillness feeling - thought it was due to swallowing food not chewed sufficiently. In hospital for a few days - machine showed heart stopped several times during eating periods from 3 mins - 10 mins - hence pacemaker fitted on 6th day in hospital. How many people are identified with indications unknown/SSS on their ID card?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, SSS is a very common diagnosis in ages above 65-70 years of age. In total there are more than 50% people fitted with pacemaker who have diagnosis of SSS. Thank you.