Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

Was taken of anti platelet.s after 12months

Was taken of anti platelet.s after 12months .clopidogrol.aspirin.this was a mistake should of stayed on aspirin...stent failed within 4 weeks.had 3 more stent .s to repair damage .cardiologist said stopping the anti platelettes had no bearing on second attack.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, recommended guidelines state that if you have stents 12 month of aspirin and copidogrel should be given, but if patients has high risk of stent thrombosis... which includes people with diabetes, stents length more than 35mm collective length of all stents, previous stent thrombosis, heart pump is weak and ejection fraction is less than 40%. IN all such cases dual anti platelets or combination of aspirin and clopidogrel should be continued for more than 2 years.If you have second pair of stents placed then you should not stop these medicine for another 2 years. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I should of been taking clopidogrol and a sprin for 1yr.and then aspring lifelong.due to a clerical error .was taken of both.I have no other medical problems.could this have caused stent to fail as I am led to believe anti platelet test stop the stentor forming clots

Yes it is true, your stents blocked most likely due to stopping both aspirin and clopidogrel together.