wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

If you keep pulling at the end of your nose, could you

Customer Question

If you keep pulling at the end of your nose, could you damage the blood vessels running up and down your nose? Pulling at the end of my nose has been an on-and-off habit since almost 9 years ago based on the belief that it might 'lengthen the end of my nose' to make it more 'Caucasian-looking'. How foolish I had been.Anyway, how can I find out if they are healthy or damaged if I have no specific symptoms i.e. is an ultrasound necessary or recommended in this situation? Can refraining from pulling on the nose lead to the healing of those vessels?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. In general this will not cause any damage. You will not end up with a large, red, swollen nose like you see in people who have rhinophyma

So. What is the take home message?

you can put these worries behind you.

Does this make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS