Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Had a treadmill test yesterday. Got to 13.5 minutes when was

Hi had a treadmill test yesterday. Got to 13.5 minutes when was told no need to do anymore. During it there were 5 single PAC's. Prior to the treadmill test I have had 7 normal ecg's, 2 24hr ecg's showing few PAC's and borderline short PR interval (no WPW morphology or delta waves), normal echo with >60 EF. No arrythmia seen on any test. I am told these are all good and no further tests are needed and my heart is normal. What concerns me is the 5 PAC's during the treadmill test. They happened between 8 and 13.5 minutes once my heart rate was above 150. Is this a concern and should further tests be done? Am I risk of developing a deadly arrythmia during exercise and SCD based on these results?
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry no need for phone call reply by message is fine. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

How old are you Nick?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
43. 5ft7 11 stone 10.
Suffer from health anxiety.

this is totally normal Nick.

common and normal.

I'm not concerned at all

your heart is fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Dr.What triggered the ectopics on the treadmill test and why only once my heart rate got to a certain level? My normal resting heart rate is 65 but even before I got on the treadmill it was up at 100, I assume this is anxiety kicking in? So I am at no increased risk and if I was your patient would you be discharging me from cardiology with no follow up required?

That is normal

almost everyone is going to have ectopics here

it is a normal part of heart function

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you would expect ectopics to kick in once the heart gets over 150. Is this due to adrenaline? And the final part of my question about increased risk and follow up appointments?

Yes, that is correct on both accounts

No follow up needed

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Final two questions:
So no increased risk of heart attack or SCD?
If the ectopic beats were PVC's would this be more concerning?
In your opinion once I get the anxiety in check the ectopics will go? And would beta blockers help or no need due to only being few ectopics.
Thanks will do the rating as 5 star.

1)absolutely not

2)No, PVCs would be normal too.

3)The ectopics might stay even with anxiety control. I have ectopics too. It is benign

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Last thing why when look on internet does it say ectopics that happen during exercise are more serious. Thanks rating done.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dr will you be able to answer my final follow up question pls. I rated you before. Also are ectopic beats classed as arrythmia? My 24 hr ecg said few premature beats, no arrythmia seen? Thanks

That is not correct.

they are not

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Dr. To summarise my 5 PAC's seen on stress test are normal at high heart rate and no significance. Having ectopic beats does not mean I have arrythmia. They are palpatations that some people feel and others don't but the vast majority of people will have ectopic beats on a daily basis and they are only of clinical significance when the person has a structually abnormal heart. Think I have got it!?

Bingo :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cheers ***** ***** good evening.