Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have suffered irregular pulse with stoppages for up to 30

I have suffered irregular pulse with stoppages for up to 30 seconds or more.
3 months ago I had a "Pacemaker" fitted. I still get bad turns before the pacemaker kicks in. Is there anything you can suggest ?Derek Firman age 81. I take regular exercise and otherwise fit for my age !
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Did they try adjusting the pacer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Two weeks ago they checked the full range of the pacer.Within the first week of fitting (27th June) I had the signs of a black out which was subdued immediately
and did not go further. This I reported to the hospital. No action taken.
This week I again had the trouble signs and at one point appeared to have another attack. This again cleared after a short period. It felt as if I had received a bang on the chest and someone had turned a light on.My question. Is this normal. Will I have to live with this or can anything be done to stop this occurring?

No this is definitely not normal

you need a second opinion

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/