49erLBSU
49erLBSU, Employment Services Professional
Experience:  Professional for over 20+ years
70951075

How can I prepare for an interview for a big media company

How can I prepare for an interview for a big media company within their IT department in less than 1 day? eg sky, bbc , itv, cnn...apart from visiting the offical website what else can be done?...
Category: Job
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Adam

I would still like to have an answer for this question please.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  49erLBSU replied 3 years ago.
You have already conducted what I would consider a very good way of reviewing the company in question that you will be interviewing with.

Here are some suggestions I can offer to prepare for your interview:

1. Review the annual report and look for what has happen with the company in the last year. Also look at what the company has in its plans for the upcoming year. This can help with letting the interviewer understand that you have a grasp of the company and its planned future.

2. Since you will be interviewing for a IT position within the desired company, conduct a search online of any IT related stories that talk about the company and what equipment they are using etc. Look at IT driven publications and see if anything has been written about their information technology. Bringing up anything you find will show that you have a grasp of the company and its IT situation.

3. Prepare for possible interview questions that can be asked. Glassdoor is a good site and as you have already reviewed, there is also questions from other companies that can be asked when you go for an interview. Take a look at these three companies and possibly similar questions that could be asked:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/it-department-interview-questions-SRCH_KO0,13.htm

Get a good night sleep as well as dress for the job. Go into the interview with a positive outlook as well as the feeling you want the job and you should do well.
Experience: Professional for over 20+ years