carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi I have the Aldelo restaurant package and it keeps coming

Customer Question

I have the Aldelo restaurant package and it keeps coming up on screen Error 3251 has occored I click close and it tells me 'cannot establish connection to the current database. Please verify that the computer and/or network is operational, please try again when you have verified that the network and server system are working properly'. Can you help me fix this???
Category: Cash Registers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will try and help with your question.

Please could you let me know a little more about your setup.

Do you have a separate server?
Is your computer connected to a network with a cable or wireless?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carol

Its not connected to any network..

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

If the computer is not connected to a network is the computer a standalone with the software installed locally?

The error you have relates to the database, it could be corrupted.

Do you have a backup you can try?

If not try this to see if this corrects the error.

1. Shutdown the Aldelo for Restaurants on all stations.

2. Navigate to your database (default location = C:\documents and settings\all users \application data\aldelo\aldelo for restaurants\databases\live).

3. Right click on your database and select “COPY”.

4. Right click on a blank spot in the same window and select “PASTE”. This will place a new file in the window named “Copy of yourrestaurantname.mdb”.

5. Right click on your database and rename by placing a number in front of the name (ie -1yourrestaurantname.mdb).

6. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Aldelo\Aldelo for Restaurants\JetComp.exe (in newer versions C:\Program Files\Aldelo\Aldelo for Restaurants\Aldelo for Restaurants POS\JetComp.exe).

7. Click the three dots after the Source field (Top box).

8. Find your renamed database and double click on it (Not the copy).

9. Now click the three dots after the Destination field (Bottom box).

10. Choose the same database with the name change (Double click on it).

11. Now put your curser in the Destination field (Bottom box).

12. Remove the number from your database name that you added earlier. (Destination Field only).

13. Mark the 3x database format and click “COMPACT”. If you get an error message click “OK” and mark the 4x database format and click “COMPACT”.

14. Wait for the blue line to go away and it to say READY in the lower left hand corner.

15. Exit the Jet comp program and launch the Aldelo for Restaurants.

Note – if you receive an error message on both the 3x and 4x formats your database may be beyond repair. You can try to repeat the steps above or revert to your most recent backup.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Carol

when we get to step 3 to select our database there are only two icons to choose from 'addresssettings.dat' and 'rasvet.mdb'. when we tried both of these by cutting and pasting and following through to step 7 it was unsuccessful and when we loaded aldelo again we were presented with the same error 3251.

does this mean our database is not downloaded onto our hard drive, local disk (C:)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carl

We haven't received any response to our last query??

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, had to work away yesterday and was not near a computer.

The database file is the 'rasvet.mdb' is the file quite large a few MB normally the database file will be a large file.

Did you copy the database and rename it ok?

What happened at step 7 the steps after step 7 are the important ones.