adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Customer Service
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

We have a fault on our Samsung ER-290 cash register.

Customer Question

Hi, We have a fault on our Samsung ER-290 cash register. We cannot operate the till because when you press any key, a loud continuous beeping noise is heard. Therefore we cannot use the cash register and the drawer will not open. Can you please help.
Many thanks,
XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Cash Registers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. If you move the key to the off position does it turn off properly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy, When key is in off position the noise stops but the green "sales" lights are still on.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you disconnect all power from it, wait 70 seconds and then try it again? When in the off position it should turn off completely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When turned back on the lights were out for a moment and then they came back on again whilst the key was in the off position..
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you open the drawer and make sure nothing is jammed inside? Has it started displaying an error number in any mode yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing jammed inside, the only way we can open the drawer in by pushing the button that is underneath, at the back of the register. No error number is ***** only the zero sales numbers.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try doing a reset and see if at the very least it will give us an error number:
1.Disconnect the cash register from the power supply.The Register must be unplugged at least for 10 minutes before making a clear RESET.
2.Insert Operators Key in the lock on then control panel and turn the key to "P SETTING".
3.Press and hold the "SUBTOTAL" key.
4.Reconnect the power while holding the press on the "SUBTOTAL" key.
5.Turn the key to "REG" setting and wait for the register to print a receipt tape.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, There is no "P" setting on this machine. The settings are VOID OFF REG X Z PGM
The key will only turn as far as the X Setting and will not turn to the Z or PGM
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
From that it would most likely be the PGM setting. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Yes, please carry on trying to find some-one who can help with this problem and keep us informed on your progress. Thank you.Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I cannot leave any ratings until the problem has been resolved satisfactorily .Kind regardsJean
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time? Thank you for your patience, Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your email. I really thought that with just answer already taking £11.00 from my bank account that I would have got some kind of help, not to be told that there is no help at all. I know that you are just the moderator but this really is a poor service. Maybe you could pass on this message and either find someone that can help with this query or refund my money.Thanks for your help,Kind regards,Jean