Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

4S sps-2200 new touch screen wont calibrate

Customer Question

Sam 4S sps-2200 new touch screen wont calibrate
Category: Cash Registers
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi John,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

-----

Is this a new standalone machine that you are trying to install for the first time?

Does any part of the screen respond to touch at all?

What is currently showing on the display?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete
My client managed to chip the touch screen so it failed, have installed a replacemnet touch screen, however it is so far out of calibration I cn not even put in password ***** get to the calibaration screen. Wondered if anyone knew a way of getting over this as urgently need to get it back to client as loan SPS-2200 keeps turning itself off. If not dont worry will speak to YCR on Monday. Have a felling the touch software/hardware is corrupt/damaged. John Cowan Anglia EPOS (30 years in the bussiness)
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Has just the touchscreen been replaced, or has the entire SPS-2200 unit been replaced?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just the touch screen. i hva tried a full rebbot bt removing the battery fo a bit. No difference can not get passed the settings password ***** (power off hold button, poweron) as calibrition tofar out to enter it
John Cowan
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Let me know how you get on with YCR?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi ***** when you know the answer. There are two set of touch screen pins on the MB. Needs to be in the bottom set bur when you look down on the board only the one set.. top,is apparent.. I fell a right twit now. All now working. Can get it back to client and take out loan (new) SPS-2200. which, sods law, has a power fault and keeps randomely turning itself off so will have go back to YCR as they think it is a MD power fault. If I can be of help to you any time please contact direct***@******.*** to mobile devices. www.tills.net.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Woops typos feel MD=MB
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where do we go from here, do not want to give poor rating as you tried but dont rarely want to pay either. John Cowan
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

You can leave the rating.

I haven't been paid anything and your deposit remains in your JustAnswer account.

You can contact customer services for any other account queries.

Best,

Pete.