Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

My cat has not ate much for the past 2 days and is sleeping

Customer Question

My cat has not ate much for the past 2 days and is sleeping a lot he is always very jumpy when he goes outside can u help please
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian and am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Scholsy is not feeling well...

I have a few questions to help me better assist you.

Is he neutered? Can you feel him all over for any small scab or lesion or lump on his body and let me know?

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes he's been neutered and he has no lumps or bumps that I can feel
Thank you Jackie for that information...

As an outside cat that is young, these symptoms are typical for an abscess that is growing somewhere from a cat bite or scratch. This is why I had you check for anything odd on his body. The symptoms are typical for some form of infection since Scholsy is probably running a fever.

For now, Jackie, make sure that he is hydrated by giving him Pedialyte at 1-2 ounces every 4 hrs with a dropper. Also, give him a dose of Nutrical every 4 hrs. This can be purchased at the pet store and will ensure that Scholsy has the nutrients he needs to get past this. This is also an appetite stimulant.

If he continues, this way, Jackie, he may require antibiotics from your vet to get him past this. Check him every day for anything that may show up on his body.

Does that make sense to you, Jackie?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When he's awake he's very friendly until he goes outside and he gets frightened very easily what could be causing this
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 4 years ago.
Jackie:
I'm Dr. Deb and I see that you have additional questions about Scholsy. I'd like to help if I can but I have a few questions to ask about his fear of the outdoors.

1. Is this new behavior?
2. If so, how long has be been acting this way?
3. Are you usually outside with him or is he on his own?

I see that you're currently offline. Since I don't know when you might respond, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I may also be offline at teh time. However, I'm on the computer some part of every day so I'll answer as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience. Deb

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems that another Professional has replied to your question. Please remember to rate the answer given once you are satisfied.