Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I got my cat 11 years ago as a ferrel all her jabs are done

Customer Question

I got my cat 11 years ago as a ferrel all her jabs are done every year in vet the last 6mths she has been doing her business in my house and being sick the doors are open for her all day I do not what to do I am 69 years
Category: Cat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question, I am sorry to learn Fizzy is not feeling well. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she urinating or defecating in the house?
2- How often is she vomiting?
3- What is in the vomit?
4- Do you have other cats at home?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

A Professional has requested some additional information. Please let me know if you wish to continue or if you would like me to close your question.

Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Peter is no longer available. It sounds like Fizzy may have a common malady of a cat her age which is hyperthyroidism. This is easily treatable with either diet, medication, surgery, or radio isotope therapy.

Has Fizzy had any blood work down on her lately to help determine her problem? 11 years old is not very old for a cat.

Hope to hear back from you soon. . .

Dr. Barbara