Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat is four years old and i love him to bits. Yesterday

Customer Question

My cat is four years old and i love him to bits. Yesterday and this morning he has not eaten his treats or his normal packet food but is drinking water ok and is rushing around like a mad thing as he is very active and is always running up and down. He is like his usual self and he does not go out, he is very much a housecat and very much mine. He is not acting strangely or being sick or anything so I am wondering if it just because he is too hot or maybe off his food and fancies something different for a change.

Please help

Maria
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question, I am sorry to learn your cat's appetite is off. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did he eat in the afternoon or he is completely off food for the last day and a half?
2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.