Dr. Scarlett
Dr. Scarlett, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing small animal veterinarian with 18 years experience.
13866827

My flat has recently had an infestation of fleas from the

Customer Question

My flat has recently had an infestation of fleas from the next flat and my cat was infected twice and then was OK. I later had my flat fumigated 9 days ago. Then on Monday this week I went to my Dr and was told I had scabies then two days later I ate some containated lentils which have made me worse (red flour beetle is suspect} Bit I am so worried about my cat who keeps acting so nervously and the fumes seem to be getting stronger -_ I am sure there are stil some live beetles here, What should I do please. I have thrown out all the catfood in the cupboard and bought fresh. I had rentakil the other day but all they said was that there are no longer fleas here

A cleaner is coming tomorrow to clean the carpets - many thanks for any help you can give me

m
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Scarlett replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Scarlett :

Dr. Scarlett :

Sorry to hear about all your problems! Rather than scabies (which is caused by mites), do you think you had flea bites instead? They are very itchy.

Dr. Scarlett :

Are you treating your cat with any topical flea preventative?

Dr. Scarlett :

Do you have carpets in your flat or mostly hardwoods? What type of cleaning have you been doing (besides having rentakil come in). Do you feed your cat dry food or canned?