Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

I believe my cat has been poisoned

Customer Question

I believe my cat has been poisoned
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I'm sorry to hear about Poppii and your frustration. I'll do my best to give you an honest answer.

Dr. Barbara :

What symptoms has Poppii had?

Dr. Barbara :

Hi again. I just found that you had reposted, and I sent this as duplicate question. No need to pay twice! From that post however, I see that one poison you are concerned about is mouse poison. There are 2 different types of mouse poison, but the most common contains anticoagulant, which indeed causes an animal to bleed internally to death in about 5-7days. How long ago do you think that Poppii may have ingested this?