Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Hi there Ive got brother n sister kittens we got them last

Customer Question

Hi there I've got brother n sister kittens we got them last Friday as kitten are ful of bean but the girl has the runs the lst few day n today she been sick just bile as she not eaten today she seems to want to sleep
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian and am happy to answer your question.

I have a few questions to help me better assist you.

Did the kittens come from the pound? Were they vaccinated and tested for FELV/FIV?

Were they wormed?

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No they came from an advert they said they wormed n deflead them
Thanks Nicola for that information...The most common cause for diarhea and vomiting in young kittens is round worms so the first thing you should do is worm each kitten. I worry that they have not been vaccinated but this would not cause this distress Sookie.

The stress of a change in environment om such young kittens can cause this digestive issues as well so it may help to fast her for 6-12 hrs to allow her tract to calm down. The wormer can be purchased at the pet store. If this does not help, then this could be due to other parasites so take a stool sample to your vet to know for sure the best treatment.

Make sure that Sookie remains hydrated by giving her 1-2 ounces of Pedialyte every 4 hrs until we know what is causing this.

Does that make sense to you, Nicola?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta