Rebecca
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Could you advise me what ointment I could use for my cat. He

Customer Question

Could you advise me what ointment I could use for my cat. He has one protruding tooth that has dug into his top lip a made it very sore.
Thank you XXXXX
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.

Rebecca :

Rebecca :

I am sorry to hear about Whisper.

Rebecca :

My name isXXXXX am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

Rebecca :

Is this protruding tooth loose?

Rebecca :

As long as the tooth pokes into his lip, this will not heal. You can try using an ointment containing hydrocortisone, like Cortaid, to reduce pain and swelling.

Rebecca :

If the tooth is loose, it should be pulled. That way it will stop poking his hip, and loose teeth can get infected, and cause other problems.

Rebecca :

If it is not loose, it can be smoothed and shortened with dental tools. He would have to be sedated for that.

Rebecca :

I would not use Super Glue.

Rebecca :

I am not seeing responses from you. I hope you can see what I am writing1

Rebecca :

I will try another way to connect, if I do not hear from you soon.

Customer:

Thank you for your information. He had most of his teeth out when he was a kitten due to gingivitis From what you have said I should take him to the vet and see if his tooth can be shortened His tooth is not loose.

Rebecca :

Yes, the tooth could be gently sanded off and polished to make it shorter.

Customer:

Thank you for your information. Just one other question the money I have paid you is a one off I do not wish to have money taken out every month.

Customer:

Geraldine

Rebecca :

I just answer questions! It depends on what arrangements you made when you signed up.

Rebecca :

Usually you have just made a deposit for one question, and when you give my answer a rating, then your deposit becomes a payment.

Customer:

I just paid my £13

Rebecca :

Until you rate my answer, that is only a deposit. I can see that only a deposit was made so far.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the good rating.

Rebecca