Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Hi There, Could you tell me please whether a cat can have

Customer Question

Hi There,

Could you tell me please whether a cat can have Eczema & pass it on to a human being ?
Many Thanks!

Alan.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Alan and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Luckily, these diseases are called "species specific" which means that they stay within the species so your cat cannot catch this from your Mum, Alan, or vice versa. This scartching that Carlton is doing may be due to an allergic reaction that often will respond to benadryl given at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. The scratching can cause tehse bare patches. If this does not help, have your vet examine Carlton to determine what is causing this and then get the appropriate treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again!

Mum was concerned that the cat had caught Eczma off of her ( Wish she wouldn't have the cat on her lap a lot of the time ).....She's 87......Mum that is!

Thankyou!

Alan.

She does not have to worry, Alan....I know you do not want the cat on her lap so much but it really helps the elderly have that security...and,... there is no risk for your Mum or Carlton.

Happy Holidays!
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience: 25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

Thank you so much, Alan for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about your dear Mum and Carlton.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Loretta!!

Happy Holidays!!.....In your Wonderful Caribean location! x

p.s Whoops!!! Mistakenly gave Carltons age as 59! Should be 14!

Same to you Alan and your Mum and Carlton...have a great holiday!

It is very warm here in the Caribean so it is hard to get into the Christmas spirit but we give it a try.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well Loretta, You are Welcome to stay for Christmas! lol

Thanks again & will give Benadryl a try! Hope Carlton will not object to the pills! Perhaps wrapped in a small piece of cheese!

Regards.

Alan.

Happy Christmas anyway!! From all of us!

Hey Alan,......use the liquid infant formula which is easier to give Carlton with a dropper or syringe. This is 12.5 mg per teaqspoon so if carlkton is close to this weight, give this amount every 12 hrs.

Merry Christmas to all.....Mum, Carlton and you!