Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My lovely female cat has very bad diarrhoea. She is only fed

Customer Question

My lovely female cat has very bad diarrhoea. She is only fed tuna in spring water and dried food. She seems to be drinking a lot of water and may have been drinking flower water from my displays. I haven't fed her today and she is just drinking water..
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

From what you have told me, it does appear that Here You Are has a mild digestive disturbance. This can be caused by a number of things:

Parasites

Infection

Stress

Ingestion of bad food or foreign material

Cancer

Metabolic Disease

The first thing to do is as follows:

Fast Here You Are for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down. Water is ok.

Give Imodium AD at 1/4 caplet every 8 hrs.

After the fast, feed a meal of rice and boiled chicken (2/1).

If this has resolved, wean onto regular food. If this persists, have your vet examine your Here You Are. Even the dehydration from this can be serious and then your vet will determine the cause so treatment can be initiated correctly. This could be caused by a parasite so a fecal exam is in order.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX