Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My cat has developed flatuance and this is getting bad What

My cat has developed flatuance and this is getting bad
What can I do to help her
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Dolly.
Flatulence is usually a result of whatever is being ingested. So, even if Dolly has been on the same diet, the food must be changed. I would also encouraged ONLY feeding a premium food and avoiding any raw diets or holistic diets.

Science Diet or Hill's Ideal Balance are good choices. Royal Canin is good as well.

Also!
Make sure to have a fecal test performed. Not because of worms, but because other microscopic bugs can cause imbalances in the intestinal tract as well.

You can actually give "Gas-X" or generic simethicone for gas to a cat. But, it is only a 1/4 of the adult dose. So, only a fraction of what is in a small capsule.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving, please remember to select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
I hope everything is going okay. May I be of any further assistance? I was not sure if my answer was satisfactory.