Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 year of veterinary experience in feline surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

Hi we have just adopted a cat from a rescue centre she has

Hi we have just adopted a cat from a rescue centre she has only bn eating there late at night when mo one is around she is eating like this with us to should we try and change her eating time
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help but I have a few questions.

Is she otherwise acting normal?
Is she eating a normal amount?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi she eats normally well but early hours and dark and quiet she is shy at the minute but can hold her for short periods she bn in a resuce center since xmas

Thank you for answering those questions. It isn't uncommon for a cat to eat at night when it is quiet and dark. Many cats are more active at night then they are during the day. In this case it may only be temporary as she adjusts to her new house since you've described her as shy. I suspect that she will open more over the next few weeks or months as she gets more comfortable and will start eating during the day too. For now, don't worry, it is fine that she eats at night. If you have more questions please reply back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou very much has put my mind at ease

.she does like hiding away I assume cause its new surrounding as

I think that is definitely a possibility. It can take a cat quite a while to adjust to new surroundings. Don't try to force things. Just let her adjust on her own time frame.