Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I have adopted my cat felix from a cats and dogss home. In

Customer Question

I have adopted my cat felix from a cats and dogss home. In his history i was told he came into the home lame on his right hind. I have noticed since i got home from work that he seems to be limping and curling his paw under/ or if hes stood or sat up straight he wont put his paw flat on the surface. Why is this??? Im slightly worried.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I'm sorry your cat is having these problems. There is a little cause for concern here. Whenever a paw is held "upside down" or on the top of the paw there is a problem with the nervous system. An important nerve pathway is not communicating to the brain or spine alerting him that his foot is not placed correctly (called proprioception). There are dozens of causes for this and a vet visit is the next thing to do. If he seems to weaken further in the other leg or the front legs then this is now an emergency and he needs to be seen immediately.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan