DR.J
DR.J, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

Hello, my cat waa hit by a car about 14 months ago. She recovered

Hello, my cat waa hit by a car about 14 months ago. She recovered brilliantly and was back to full health and mobility. She has recently started limping in her hind leg. It looks as if her leg has gone dead, and bothers her for about fiveminutes. It is happening more and more frequently now and I am getting concerned.
Category: Cat
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your problem

DR.J :

Could you please let me know first for how long has it been going on?

DR.J :

as well , does she seem in pain when it happens and is it one leg in specific or it moves between both hindlimbs

DR.J :

lastly : how is her poo - is it normal or loos , is it stringy or normal in size

Customer:

Hello, it only appears on one hind leg, she tries to not put weight on it for a while afterwards so I would assume it is painful at the time. I have fiven her leg a check after and there is no lumps. This has started over the past rwo weeks becoming more frequent. Her poo appeaes normal.

DR.J :

Thank you for your response

DR.J :

There could be several issues which might lead to Marmite not placing weight on her hind limb . it might be connected to her former injury and it might be something new all together/ the pain you you are describing might be related to joint pain or bone pain which requires a professional hand to feel out and even more - would require a quick Xray of the limb in question/ all in order to see if there is a sing of joint disease or inflammation and similarly in regards XXXXX XXXXX disease. at times after road traffic accidents , there are scars left on the bones which later heal and might result in a later stage in pain as the healing itself does not set to bone its former structure but alters it somewhat.

DR.J :

The best course of action would be to have the limb xrayed , this would for sure supply your vet the much needed information required in order to help and find the right diagnosis , moreover - a course of treatment to counter inflammation and pain is advised (would could sometimes be the answer to all the problems) .

DR.J :

I hope this helps set you in the right direction /

DR.J :

If you have anymore questions , do ask

DR.J :

and before you leave , please do not forget to rate our conversation.

DR.J :

All the best

DR.J :

James

DR.J :

I hope my answer has helped you