DR.J
DR.J, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

My next doors cat keeps coming in my house, every time I open

Customer Question

My next doors cat keeps coming in my house, every time I open the windows and doors and some times at night via the cat flap. It's eating my two cats food and causing problems. I have a very timid cat that stays in all the time and when stressed pulls her fur out and a big ginger tom that's constantly fighting with this cat from next door. So resulting in vet bills for my stressed cat and bite and claw wounds from my fighting tom cat. I've spoken to the lady next door but seems uninterested in helping solve the issue. I'm not sure she's feeding her cat properly as he's locked out most the time and that's why he's risking at attacks to get good from my house. This is getting silly now and the cat next door even attacked my foot and left claw marks and bleeding when I tried to shoo it out my house. Any advise? And throwing water on it doesn't work
Category: Cat
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your problem

DR.J :

Sorry to hear about your inconveniences with the next door cat .

DR.J :

Let me for starter give you some advice as to how to help you own cats feel better

DR.J :

1. Use a microchip recognition cat flap - for ex - http://www.sureflap.co.uk/products/details/1-microchip-cat-flap

DR.J :

This will make sure that only your two cats can enter the how and no other

DR.J :

2. use a feliway diffuser - its an amazing product which spreads calming pheromones around the house leaving your cats calm and happy (would be most beneficial to your little one ) - http://www.feliway.com/uk

DR.J :

3. sadly there is little that you can do in order to make sure you next door cat stops visiting . you might want to work it from a different approach - perhaps place some food done for this poor neglected cat as well , location that he would be sure to reach on the one hand and would be out of site from your two cats. not other human measure would stand between a hungry cat and food so all the means you have sued so far will not work .

DR.J :

Toms are getting into fights on daily basis and the there is little one can do against that once two males (even when castrated) mean to keep their territory .

DR.J :

I hope this helps .

DR.J :

If you have any more question , please ask .

DR.J :

Please remember to rate our conversation.

DR.J :

Cheers

DR.J :

James

DR.J :

Hello again, Just wanted to know how things are and if there is any improvement?

DR.J :

Hello?