Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat has started rubbing the sides of his mouth against door

Customer Question

My cat has started rubbing the sides of his mouth against door frames etc so I am wandering if he has toothache? He also is chewing bark and leaves in the garden. Should I be concerned about his health?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This behavior is normal....cats like to rub theur scent on objects such as door frames. If Hallway had a mouth problem, he would not be eating and would have excessive salivation...this is probably a normal behavior. If Hallway stops eating or starts drooling, have your vet examine Hallway but, as long as he is acting normal, there is no problem.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Lauren, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

very helpful, thank you

You are very welcome, Lauren...Have a great day!!