Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat who is a Tonkanese male 4years of the film that goes

Customer Question

My cat who is a Tonkanese male 4years of the film that goes across his eyes is not retracing his eyes have a glazed look. What is causing this.?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Adam replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX thanks for your question.

This is something that is difficult to answer. You have given some good details. If I understand correctly, there is a film or covering over the eyes and they look kind of glazed, or white or cloudy? Is that correct?

With eye problems it is sometimes better to see a photo of the eye to get a better idea. Are you able to take and post a photo here? You can post it to a site like flickr for example, and then paste the link here. Or you can use the paper clip function above to browse for the photo on your computer or some cell phones.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not a film covering or white and cloudy its the shutter like a camera you know when a cat opens its eyes the piece of skin that retracts back it seems not to go back fully I cannot take a photograph sorry.

Expert:  Dr. Adam replied 3 years ago.

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for the information.

I think what you are seeing is the third eyelid possibly.

It looks a little like this :

Is that correct?

And just to be sure, it is both eyes you are seeing this? And equal on both sides?

Expert:  Dr. Adam replied 3 years ago.
Hey there,
Just following up on our conversation on Just Answer from yesterday.

Did you have any questions for me? You should feel free to ask as many questions as you want. I don't mind. I'm here to help.

If I have helped don't forget to leave a positive review! :) Otherwise I do not receive credit for helping you.

I might not be online when you return. That's ok. Just leave your question and a message will be sent to me and I will get back to you when I am online again.

Thanks,
DrRalston