Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Thank you for replying to the question I gave this morning

Thank you for replying to the question I gave this morning regarding my cat that is continually cleansing his rear. You mentioned to bathe him in that area with salt & warm water. How many times in a day do you think I should?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
My apologies that I didn't catch your wee reply sooner.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX water bathing, you can do this 2-3 times daily and then dry the area afterwards. Of course, while doing so, you do want to monitor him to make sure he is urinating normally, passing feces normally, and that we don't see any signs (ie scooting his bum on the floor, or any lumps/sores/pain around the rectum) that his glands are still in need of expression.

All the best,
Dr. B.