Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

Ive just applied frontline to my cat and she has managed to

I've just applied frontline to my cat and she has managed to lick the spot where I applied it, will it hurt her?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and I'll do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern about your cat but ingestion of a small amount of Frontline should only cause gastrointestinal effects such as drooling (usually seen immediately) or possibly vomiting (which might not be seen for a little while).
The active ingredient in Frontline is fairly safe, I'm glad say.

Occasionally, oral ulcerations might be seen if enough was ingested, but you certainly should see drooling if this were the case.

I hope this helps and reassures you that your cat should be fine. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the rating; it's greatly appreciated.

I hope this teaches your cat not to lick off any Frontline in the future but it may be more prudent to apply it in such a way that she can't reach it...probably what you plan to do anyway:) Regards, Deb

Kindly ignore the information request.