Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My daughter has recently acquired a cat but has found she is

My daughter has recently acquired a cat but has found she is allergic to it. She has 2 small children and is reticent to get another home for it. Do you know of any cure?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

What an awful situation. This happens more commonly than you would imagine. For the person, she may need to look into allergy shots to treat this. To help reduce cat dander, which is what people are generally allergic to, bathing the cat once a week in a shampoo as recommended by her veterinairan that is a follicular cleansing solution will help. Also shaving the cat, if long haired can help.

Y

Customer:

Thanks.That was all but can I cancel as I don,t want to pay £13 a month. This was a one off question

Dr. Joey :

I do not deal with the money side, but I will send my moderator a message for you, if you would like.

Dr. Joey :

Please keep me posted. I am always happy to answer followup questions. You can reply to this question at any time to submit a followup. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon! Kindly submit a rating as you exit our chat.

Customer:

Yes that would be good

Dr. Joey :

Sounds good, then. I will send a message for you about the monthly subscription. Our chat for now ends when you submit a rating. But you can return to this question at any time to submit a followup (no extra charge). :)