Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

cat urinating in small amounts normally have to remove large

cat urinating in small amounts normally have to remove large amounts of waste from litter box
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Is she urinating more frequently?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 3 or 4 days

urinating appears to be normal at present

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- So what you are saying is that the volume of urine is less than normal, correct?
2- She is not going more frequently or behaving differently?
3- Has her diet changed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No 1= yes

2= not that i have noticed

3 = no feeding dry and wet food plus water

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
William, I am confused you said No and Yes to #1?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I meant your question No1 is yes

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for answering all my questions William.

In response to your question, urine out put is directly related to water intake. As far as water intake, she can get water from the food or drinking directly from her bowl. If her diet has not changed then the only possible explanation for a decrease volume of urine and normal frequency is that she is drinking less water. To increase the volume of urine you need to get her to drink more. To get her to drink more you can offer her low sodium chicken broth. Otherwise, she should be ok. What you are describing is Not consistent with any underlying medical disorder.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter