Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

My cat has a lump on her face at first she wasnt eating much

Customer Question

My cat has a lump on her face at first she wasnt eating much but its gone down abit and shes eating but its not gone shall i take her to the vet she will let you touch it and doesnt seem to be in pain
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 13 years. Thank you for your question about Tula. I'm sorry to hear about this swelling on her face. I'm going to be honest here and say that getting her checked over by your vet is a very good step to take and it is my best recommendation. If this swelling started suddenly, then an abscess has to be very suspect. With it going down some, that fits what an abscess will do if it starts to drain. If the swelling is on her cheek / below the eye, then it could be a tooth root abscess that is draining into her oral cavity. The fact that it isn't completely resolved indicates that something is still altered at the sight. A course of antibiotics may be needed. Could this be a tumor? That is the other consideration. It is good that she's not painful with this and still eating for you. Your vet can determine what is best after they do an exam on her. My best at this time for her!