Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

my cat is 17 years old and has developed a hard lump just in

Customer Question

my cat is 17 years old and has developed a hard lump just in front of his right shoulder. it is hard to touch, but does not appear to cause pain when touched. his appetite is good, and for his age is quite active, he can still climb trees. the lump is now about one and a half inches round and is most noticable when he sits upright. advice please, he is quite a nervous animal, and would find a trip to the vet traumatic
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Tommy has been vaccinated, this may be a Vaccine associated Fibrosarcoma. These are very invasive and, at Tommy's age, it is probably not worth removing this because tehse can be so invasive even when we attempt to remove them. Have your vet examine this to be sure that this is not an abscess that can be drained and cured.

This LINK may help.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Paul, for your kind rating and generous bonus. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!