Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

hi I asked a question previouslybut did not give enough detail.my

Customer Question

hi I asked a question previouslybut did not give enough detail.my cat was diagnosed with enteritis because of corona various 10 days ago. she did not have FIP, she had normal blood tests, raised temperature and loss of appetite. three days on mepranidazole and she was fine, enteritis stopped and took her home. since yesterday she is not eating as much and is a bit lethargic.am so worried what can be wrong with her now?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
The most likely etiology for her inappetance and lethargy is incomplete remission from her infection and/or continued dehydration and/or electrolyte imbalance due to the fluid loss of enteritis. I'll administer a bolus of a fluid and electrolyte replacer such as lactated ringers to these cats on an outpatient basis and expect them to perk up nicely within hours.

Can you tell me, please, how coronavirus was diagnosed as the etiology of Isabella's enteritis?