Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

I have a kitten 14 days old, one eye has fully opened, the

I have a kitten 14 days old, one eye has fully opened, the other shows no sign of opening
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 13 years. Thank you for your question. Is there any discharge or crusting with the eye that is closed? Does the eye that is open look normal? Is this little one otherwise nursing and acting normal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kitten is nursing and very happy, constant purring, no discharge, no crust, the open eye is fully open can send a picture, my concern is I can't see any sign of a opening
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.
You can absolutely attach a photo here for me to view it! I would love to see this little one. That is good that the other eye doesn't have any discharge or crusting to it. It is great that she's nursing and very happy. Could this eye just be lagging behind? That is possible. Could it need a little help opening? Maybe. You can use a warm wash cloth and gently apply it to the eye three to four times a day to help the opening process along. Could there be a developmental issue not letting it open? These are usually pretty rare. It sounds like for the most part she's doing well and I would have high hopes that it will be opening here soon with that help from the compresses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you have had another look with a bright light, and there is a tiny bit of crust, not sure how to attach photo, do you have an address (email) I can send them to you, I think your right I'm being impatient just never waited this long for eyes to open
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.
Here is a great video on youtube on how to attach a photo here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFMEtpDkow

I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like.