Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Hi I am wondering if you can help my cat is acting unusually

Customer Question

Hi I am wondering if you can help my cat is acting unusually her back looks if it is going in spasms she is lowering her front end and sticking her tail and bottom in the air and it looks if she is marching on her back legs she is making I funny cry and rubbing herself on everything I am concerned about her she did it once before roundabout four weeks ago could she be in heat
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

These are typical signs of a cat going into heat. It is time to either have her spayed or make sure that she is not close to other male cats. She will emit a pheromone that will attract males from everywhere. The last time she did this was probably her first heat which can be in a transition ohase but this time, this is a true heat cycle.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Mary, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I know how odd it can appear when cats go into heat.....it looks painful and a common error.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to say thanks took her to my vets and going to get her spayed

You are very welcome, Mary!...it is easy to mistake this for a terrible disease...I am sure Mittens will do great!!