DR.J
DR.J, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would love to help you with your problem
74293778

My 10 month old cat is crouching

Customer Question

My 10 month old cat is crouching rather than sitting particularly with her right leg in a crouching position and the left under her. She was apparently fine during the day although sleepy this morning. She just doesn't seem well either, not wanting to be touched though she did come to meet me this evening. She's never a big eater but she ate a bit at lunchtime I'm told. She does seem to be licking her lips a lot. Her ears are cool not warm. She's an indoor cat. Should I be worried and should I give her tonight to sleep it off. She is IP to date with vaccinations

Category: Cat
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your problem

DR.J :

sorry to hear about your cat.

DR.J :

By what you are describing there could be several things which might be going on .

DR.J :

Most common in such a young cat would be a soft injury which would result in a painful leg, say she jumped from a high location and landed incorrectly.

DR.J :

You mentioned that she is an indoor cat so the chances of her getting into a fight with another cat are non existent .

DR.J :

As to licking her lips , this is more a behavior which might represent discomfort , distress .

DR.J :

It might have to do with her presenting symptoms or something completely different .

DR.J :

As she is still eating and drinking fine , I would monitor at home . if things worsen or not improve in the following 24 h then I wold seek the help of your local vet .

DR.J :

I hope this helps.

DR.J :

if you have any further questions , please let me know and I shall do my best to help .

DR.J :

Cheers

DR.J :

James