Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

Please can you helps Me I took my cat (she was5 years old)

Customer Question

Please can you helps
Me I took my cat (she was5 years old) she had fleas he advised strong hold which I put on her in the correct place
In 24 hours she started to foam at the mouth I called the emergency vets as it was bank holiday they told ne ti wait until the Tuesday a nd take ny cat to see my vet he took her bkplood pressure and blood tests which came out as normal she then was kept at the vets bad all eared not to have a fit and when she came home
Home within 2 hours the fit were worse brung made the vets said it wasn't the Stronghold but I dik
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I'm so sorry that you're having this problem with Rachael. Unfortunately, I'm not understanding your situation well, and I need to ask some questions. Hope this is OK. First of all, is Rachael still alive? My understanding is that after your first vet visit in about 24 hours Rachael started foaming at the mouth. Since it was the Bank Holiday, you were advised to wait until Tuesday to see your regular vet, which you did. On Tuesday, your vet took her blood pressure and did some blood work, and all was normal, but they advised you to leave her at the vets. I don't understand from what you are saying, what was wrong with her? When you say "fits" was she shivering with muscle tremors, or was she seizuring?

Dr. Barbara :

Please help me to understand more clearly so I can better help you. Also, right off I can tell it wasn't your stronghold that caused problems! First of all, your vet who was there says so, and secondly, Rachael didn't show any problems until 24 hours later.

Dr. Barbara :

In your opinion. . .why is this poor service? I'm just trying to get a better picture of what is going on (or went on for you)?