Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My female cat keeps trying to every few seconds but there

Customer Question

My female cat keeps trying to pee every few seconds but there is only a few drops plus a few drops of blood aswell.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
In the great majority of cases, such a young cat suffers from a bacterial urinary tract infection (UTI) which can be addressed with a broad spectrum antibiotic such as potentiated amoxicillin for a week. The urine is then checked two days after the course of antibiotics is finished in order to make sure that the urinary tract has been sterilized. Please have Ruby see her vet at your earliest convenience. Her prognosis for recovery is quite good with prompt attention.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

I'm going to check back with you in a week for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.

Please disregard the info request.