Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cat (female) has a white milk like discharge dropping, uncontrollable.

Customer Question

My cat (female) has a white milk like discharge dropping, uncontrollable. She is also over friendly and noisy lately. What might it be?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
Can you please tell me from which orifice you're seeing this white milk-like discharge drop and if your cat is spayed? I'll await your reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Salkin.I am told that The cat hasnt been spayed. She isnt mine per say, but is in our house all the time. Cant be sure but i think its from her genatils. Thank you

Thank you. Vaginal discharge is so uncommon in cats that I have to think that it's coming from her uterus which along with her over-friendly and noisy behavior indicates a uterus under the influence of progesterone. This is going to occur during pregnancy, false pregnancy, and most worrisome, with the endometrial hyperplasia complex (pyometra) in which the infected uterus fills with pus. You're likely to be seeing pus rolling out of her uterus through an open cervix (an open pyometra).

Spaying her should be curative and I encourage that that be performed at your earliest convenience. Please continue our conversation if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

I'm going to check back with you in a week for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.

Please disregard the info request.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will go about spaying her a.s.a.p

Sounds good. I applaud your caring for her.

I'll speak to you soon.

Please disregard the info request.