Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice,
18324312

my cat is not eating if he does he vomits it up hes drinking

my cat is not eating if he does he vomits it up hes drinking lots of water but not urinating or using his box
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I'm sorry to read of Sphynxie's condition. How long has he been showing the symptoms you've described?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

couple of days now

he is also very lethargic

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thank you Andy. Judging from the symptoms you've described, it sounds as if Sphynxie's urinary tract may be plugged. If so, this is an emergency situation and requires immediate treatment or it is often fatal. The urethra can become blocked by a bladder stone, or some sandy grit, and pressure builds up causing the kidneys to stop functioning. The toxins normally taken from the blood by the kidneys build up and cause nausea and often vomiting.
You may be able to tell if this is the case by placing your hand around Sphynxie's abdomen, just in front of his rear legs and very gently squeezing your fingers and your thumb together. If you feel a rounded mass the size of a large egg or small orange, that is the distended urinary bladder. It may be very late in the game for him, so do not delay in getting him to a veterinarian. if you should have further questions, I'll be glad to answer them for you.
Kind regards, *****