Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

The adjacent neighbour has agreed to trial Goa with her two

Customer Question

The adjacent neighbour has agreed to trial Goa with her two female cats that are also 3 years old. She has suggested that Goa spends an hour or so a day in their house (the neighbour and Goa in one room) for him to get used to her and the house. Do you think this is the best way forward. I will be in my house for the 24 day handover. I look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Good morning,

I am not sure if you ever did read my reply before regarding Goa, but in case you didn't I will link to HERE.

Now as I noted before, this is likely to be an uphill battle for Goa and this slight relocation. Still if your neighbor is keen to try to keep him, then there is no harm in trying to see if he will settle with them. In regards ***** ***** neighbor feeding Goa, this would be ideal. You can still interact with him but if they are going to take him then they need to be the one providing his resources. That way, he will look to them for food and interaction after you have relocated.

In regards ***** ***** him in their house, this step will depend heavily on how he reacts to it. If would be best if he comes in himself, perhaps has food then, and interacts with the neighbor by his own choice. What we don't want to do is force him and make him feel like he is trapped inside. Because if she grabbed him and locked him in a room with her, then there is the risk that he will see this as a trap and avoid her house even more so. So, she may want to put her cats away for a few hours and let him wander around her lounge or kitchen. That way he will get used to her home on his terms, not feel threatened, get used to the smell of the other cats, and hopefully start to settle with her and the house (and then she can start introducing him calmly to her cats in the house).

So, it will be a challenge under the circumstances. Still, have her start feeding him exclusively now. And in regards ***** ***** house, we need to get him comfortable with it on his terms because forcing could have the opposite effect here.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wish to cancel my account please advise how I do this. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Deborah,
This would be a matter to discuss with customer service. You can reach them HERE