Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

hello, can you provide an average cost for a cat having its

hello, can you provide an average cost for a cat having it's teeth cleaned in the uk?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I am sorry to hear that Salem has some dental issues. Hopefully, the Plaque off will aid him, but if he does continue to build up tartar then a dental scale and polish would be indicated to settle his mouth. In regards ***** ***** cost for a standard cleaning, this usually runs between £150-200 and this includes the general anesthesia (since kitties won't say "Ahh" for a dental clean like we will. If there are teeth that need to be removed (hopefully not with your early intervention), this can cost more but most vets will phone you with an updated estimate before removing the teeth when he is with them. Or some practices will set a maximum price no matter how many teeth may need to be removed (for example we cap dentals and extractions at my practice at £350). Of course, these costs can range a wee bit depending on the practice and on your location in the UK.

I hope this information is helpful.
Please let me know if I can provide any further information.
All the best, *****