Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

my cat, who has been ill for the past 3 weeks is in pretty

Customer Question

my cat, who has been ill for the past 3 weeks is in pretty bad shape this afternoon. Fully collapsed on the floor, staggering about and cannot support himself upright. cant even support hold his head up and will make occasional whiny moans. He is completely wide eyed and breathing quickly but rather shallowly... it just feels like he is about to die. what shall i do doc?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I'm so sorry to hear that Frodo is so ill, and has been sick for quite awhile. I suspect that he is near death, but this could be due to many different illnesses. By this time is he still with us, and do you still want some advice?

JACUSTOMER-suttfysj- :

Thanks for your response, unfortunately Frodo passed away about an hour ago - I was with him the whole time at least and it didn't seem to be painful for him.

Dr. Barbara :

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss of Frodo. Thank you for letting me know, and I am so glad that you were there with him! Is there any thing I can do to help you through this time of grieving?

JACUSTOMER-suttfysj- :

We have lots of lovely memories of him - he was a beautiful cat with such a great spirit. Im sure we will be reminding ourselves of the good times over the coming months, as his sister Franny is with us still.

JACUSTOMER-suttfysj- :

thanks for your kind words

Dr. Barbara :

Very honoring of him!

Dr. Barbara :

Warm regards, Dr. Barbara