Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

My kitten is 13 weeks old and tonight I have noticed she is

My kitten is 13 weeks old and tonight I have noticed she is limping on one of her front paws she is still able to walk but is limping slightly but she isnt crying. Do you think she may have broken her leg or paw at all
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Susan :

Hi, I can help you with your question today

Dr. Susan :

From what you are describing, I do not think that she broke it.

Dr. Susan :

More often than not, animals with severe orthopedic injuries like fractures or dislocations will NOT put ANY weight on that leg

Dr. Susan :

So even though she is favoring her front paw, since she is using it I am hopeful that it is just a soft tissue injury like a sprain.

Dr. Susan :

Do you notice anywhere specific that seems painful or swollen?