Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our cat Millie is about 16 and 2 years

Customer Question

Our cat Millie is about 16 and 2 years ago was diagnosed with kidney failure. Since then she has been well and I have put this down to her only drinking rain water which I get from our water but. I do filter the water before giving it. She has had an occasional " not wanting to eat what is in front of her, and then immeadiately eat an exchange food". Since last week she has gradually lost her appetite and for the past 2 days not eaten hardly any thing. She has attempted to but given up after a mouthfull. Do you think she has problems with her mouth or teeth, she will not allow me to investigate, or is likely to be close to the end, Mr M XXXXX

Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Scott Nimmo :

Sorry to hear Millie is feeling unwell. My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

It does sound as if the kidney failure may have crept up on her, this is something I have seen many times in my career ...

Scott Nimmo :

Still you have to be sure so you know you are doing the right thing, a quick blood test which almost all vets will be able to run { Urea + creatinine } plus a urine sample check will very accurately show what is going on and you can take it from there ...

Scott Nimmo :

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott